ECO 550 Assignment 1 ,2 3 and 4
ECO 550 Assignment 1 Making Decisions Based on Demand and Forecasting
Domino’s Pizza is considering entering the marketplace in your community. Conduct research about the demographics of your community, for example the population size and average income per household and other independent variables, such as price of pizza and price of soda, for this assignment. By conducting a demand analysis and forecast for pizza, you will be able to make a decision whether Domino’s should establish a presence in your community.
1. Report the demographic and independent variables that are relevant to complete a demand analysis providing a rationale for the selection of the variables.
2. Using Excel or other calculation software, input the data you collected in criterion one to calculate an estimated regression. Then, from the calculation provided, interpret the coefficient of determination, indicating how it will influence your decision to open the pizza business. Explain any additional variables that may improve the coefficient of determination.
3. Test the statistical significance of the variables and the regression equation, indicating how it will impact your decision to open the pizza business.
4. Forecast the demand for pizza in your community for the next four (4) months using the regression equation, including the assumptions that were used to create the demand. Justify the assumptions made related to the forecast.
5. Based on the forecasting demand, determine whether Dominos should establish a restaurant in your community. Provide a rationale and support for the decision.
6. Cite at least two (2) different government sources for the demographic information you collected.
ECO 550 Assignment 2 "Operations Decision"
Assume you have been hired as a managing consultant by a company to offer some advice that will help it make a decision as to whether it should shut down completely or continue its operations. It currently uses 100 workers to produce 6,000 units of output per month (working 20 days / month). The daily wage (per worker) is $70, and the price of the firm's output is $32. The cost of other variable inputs is $2,000 per day. You are told that the firm's fixed cost is “high enough” so that the firm's total costs exceed its total revenue. The marginal cost of the last unit is $30. (Ch 7 & 8 to solve)
This assignment allows you to determine the specific details about this fictitious company in order to conduct an environmental scan of this company.
Write a three to four (4-5) page paper in which you:
Briefly describe the details of the fictitious business that you created for this assignment. Assess the current environmental scan factors that are relevant to the decision making process. Determine the factors that will have the greatest impact on plant operations and management’s decision to continue or discontinue operations. Provide a rationale for your determination. Evaluate the financial performance of the company using the information provided in the scenario. Consider all the key drivers of performance, such as company profit or loss for both the short term and long term and how each factor influences managerial decisions. Be sure to show the calculations that helped you reach your conclusions. Recommend how the company can improve its profitability to deliver more value to its stakeholders. Then, develop a brief plan to implement the recommendations. Assess the circumstances in which the company should discontinue operations and how management should react when confronted with these circumstances. Provide a rationale with your response. Use at least (4) high-quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
ECO 550 Assignment 3 "Market Model Patterns of Change"
Choose and research a specific business that is publicly traded where there has been a pattern of change in a particular market model (monopoly, oligopoly, etc.).
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
Describe the business and explain the general pattern of change of the particular market model indicating how this change is likely to impact business operations. Hypothesize the basic short-run and long-run behaviors of the model in the business you have chosen in a “market economy.” Provide support for your assumptions and conclusions. Researching the company, collect costs, revenue data, other data from the business or that you deem relevant. Explain how you would modify the data in order to make it relevant to decisions a manager must make. Explain the major factors that affect the degree of competitiveness in your business. Use the data to develop at least three (3) measures (e.g., productivity measures) to show how the industry is evolving. Provide evidence supporting your rationale. Research two of the business’ closest competitors to determine the pricing strategy for each business indicating how knowledge of this information may influence pricing decisions in your business. Provide support for your rationale. Recommend a pricing policy for the business you chose. Assess how your pricing policy maximizes profits for the business. Provide support for your rationale. Use at least Four(4) high-quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
ECO 550 Assignment 4: Long-Term Investment Decisions
Assume that the industry you wrote about in Assignment 3 wants to expand and has to make some long term capital budgeting decisions. Now the industry is confronted with government regulations to oversee the merger.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Explain why government regulation is or is not needed, citing the major reasons for government
involvement in a market economy. Provide support for your explanation.
2. Justify the rationale for the intervention of government in the market process in the U.S.
3. Assume that the company’s is considering a merger. The possible merger currently faces some
threats and that the industry decides on self-expansion as an alternative strategy, describe the
additional complexities that would arise under this new scenario of expansion via capital projects.
4. Analyze how the different forces will come together to create a convergence between the
interests of stockholders and managers indicating the most likely impact to profitability. Provide
support for your response.
5. Use at least three (3) high-quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and
other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Assume that the industry you wrote about in Assignment 3 wants to expand and has to make some long term capital budgeting decisions. Now the industry is confronted with government regulations to oversee
- Item #: 168